6 Reasons Your Commercial Refrigerator Isn't Working
The reality is, commercial refrigeration equipment seemingly enjoys breaking down in the middle of the night or during peak business hours. This is because a food-serving establishment relies heavily on the performance of commercial refrigerators and freezers. Whether you have a two-door Traulsen refrigerator or a large walk-in freezer outside. The success of your business is tied deeply with the performance your refrigeration equipment.
For any owner, the scenario of an under performing walk-in cooler is a nightmare to hear. Luckily we're going to identify the most common issues that hinder your commercial refrigeration equipment. Provided by the service technicians at Brink Inc. - Montana and Wyoming's leader in commercial refrigeration repair and service.
Common Issues With Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
#1 Refrigerator is leaking water.
- One of the most common issues with refrigeration equipment is leaking water both inside and outside of the unit. Examine door gaskets for damage and seal condition. Inspect drain lines for obstructions and defrost lines of excess ice.
#2 Fluid in fresh food compartments.
- Accumulation of water in fresh food compartments is not ideal. Luckily this is an easy fix that can be resolved with regular maintenance. The culprit is most likely old or damaged door gaskets. Worn door gaskets allow warm air in resulting in a build-up of condensation.
#3 Commercial Freezer is producing excessive frost.
- Additional frost in a commercial refrigeration unit is usually the result of an issue with the defrost system or evaporator fan motor. Perform regular maintenance exams to clear debris, remove ice, or replace the evaporator fan motor.
#4 Refrigerator not running properly.
- When your commercial refrigerator or freezer has stopped working entirely, a faulty thermostat may be the culprit. A replacement could be needed as well as a complete inspection of the unit's airflow and compressor.
#5 Refrigerator isn't cooling.
- The fluctuation of temperature can be the result of the compressor, obstructed airflow, worn door gaskets, or dirty fans & evaporator coils. Brink Inc. has tailored maintenance agreements that inspect each of these areas to ensure your equipment is maintaining a safe level of cooling temperature.
#6 Loud noises coming from your refrigerator.
- Staff and Owners are familiar with the regular humming coming from their refrigeration units. This is a good indication of the condition of your unit's compressor. The absence of that constant vibration of refrigerant being compressed combined with high energy bills can indicate an issue with the unit's compressor. Certified technicians such as those at Brink Inc. perform regular maintenance inspections to keep performance standards high.
Who to call for Refrigeration Equipment Service
Brink Inc. works effortlessly with restaurant owners and food-serving establishments to get the perfect commercial refrigeration equipment. We offer a great selection of new and used units in a variety of makes and models. When looking for repair and maintenance, we have service plans that are affordable and result in thorough inspections routinely.
Brink Inc. is a local leader in commercial refrigeration repair service in Montana and Wyoming. As the authorized Hobart Office for Eastern Montana and Northern Wyoming, our service technicians are factory trained on top brand equipment including Traulsen. We have years of experience in repair, service, installation, and calibration of refrigeration equipment.
Our two central service locations in Billings, MT and Casper, WY serve as our points of contact for the service area we cover. Contact us any time through our contact form or reach us by phone to request equipment, service, HVAC/refrigeration agreements, or used refrigeration equipment.
"Service Before the Sale"